The Prime Minister has just announced the changes that will take place on 19 July if we are able to move to Step Four of the roadmap out of lockdown. Headline measures:
- The one metre rule will be removed, which means an end to social distancing
- Face masks will no longer be legally required
- The work from home order will come to an end
- The rule of six inside private homes will be removed
- The rule of 30 in outdoor settings will be removed
- Limits on attendance at weddings and funerals will be lifted
- Limits on named care home visitors will be lifted
- Limits on venue capacity will be lifted
- Mandatory table service in pubs and bars will end
Further announcements on school bubbles, travel and self-isolation will be made this week, but the main point to take is that the signs are looking positive for 19 July.
Whilst cases are increasing, hospitalisations and deaths are not following the same trajectory, and the link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths will continue to be weakened as more and more vaccines are administered.
The final decision about Step Four will be taken on 12 July, and I will post an update for you all as soon as the Prime Minister has spoken.
For more information, please click here.